Sydney Harbour CYCA Departure
7 hours per week
- Assisting the skipper and first mate in ensuring the safety of the vessel, crew and participants.
- Understanding the goal for the day or session.
- Assisting the skipper and first mate to ensure goals are met.
- Assisting participants to develop sailing, yachtsmanship, and teamwork skills as appropriate to their ability.
- Active efforts to develop sailing, yachtsmanship, crewing and mentoring skills.
- Modelling and encouraging appropriate behavioural standards and building positive relationships with participants.
- Active engagement with crew and client base.
- Active role in the set up and pack down of the yacht.
- Communicating any concerns with the skipper and providing feedback.
Essential Competencies / Skills
- Basic knowledge of boating and sailing.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate well with children and young people.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Punctuality, reliability and flexibility.