Sydney Harbour CYCA Departure
7 hours per week
- Overall responsibility for the safety of the sailing yacht, crew and participants.
- Assisting with goal-setting in collaboration with SWD.
- Making every reasonable effort to ensure goals are met.
- Training participants to develop sailing, yachtsmanship, and teamwork skills as appropriate to their ability.
- Training crew to to develop sailing, yachtsmanship, crewing and mentoring skills.
- Modelling and encouraging appropriate behavioural standards and building positive relationships with participants.
- Overseeing the set up and pack down of the yacht.
- Communicating any concerns with SWD and providing feedback.
Essential Competencies / Skills
- Inshore Skipper.
- Extensive knowledge of boating and sailing.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate well with children and young people.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Punctuality, reliability and flexibility.